Siggy Pfendler, LEED AP
| Director of Virtual Construction
“At Columbia, I am proud to be surrounded by colleagues who always do the right thing for our clients regardless of the associated challenges.”
Over the course of Siggy’s career, she has held a variety of roles in the construction industry; from a laborer, to a field engineer, to project manager, to her current role as the Director of Virtual Construction. Increasingly relevant in the construction field as the role of technology matures across the industry, Siggy’s background extends beyond the traditional means and methods and includes the application of virtual construction software. Following her passion for technology and her analytical inclinations, Siggy is always looking for new tools to enhance the BIM department, including introducing Plangrid to Columbia, an online tool that helps maintain current construction documents. Recognized for her professionalism and open-minded work style, Siggy looks for the red flags in a project and identifies the right people to get in a room together to solve the issues before they become problems in the field.
Siggy’s favorite motto is aim so high that you’ll never be bored. As she adventures out on the open road in her fifth wheel camper with her family pursuing her love of photography, Siggy doesn’t have much time for boredom. Anyone who meets with Siggy in the BIM CAVE is fortunate to be surrounded by her beautiful photography from her trips on the extra-large screens placed around the walls of her office.
- Siggy Pfendler named a 2018 Women in Construction winner by Constructech magazine! |
- Spotlight On... NAWIC |
- Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife Headquarters NEREJ's Project of the Month |
- The Columbia and MPA Team Launch a Special Video Release - of Boston Scientific's New HQ |
- Columbia's Recent Feature: Connecting the Dots on Active Campus Environments |
- FM Global's New Norwood Office Building Featured as NEREJ's Project of the Month