Located along the Charles River, this 130,000 sf hotel was completely refurbished and features 203 spacious guest rooms; 3,100 sf of elegant meeting space; a full-service Business Center; a fitness center with swimming pool; and a restaurant with dining room and lounge.
As Construction Manager, Columbia successfully managed the demolition and comprehensive renovation project. The 16-story, brick high-rise entailed:
- Complete infrastructure upgrades, including elevators.
- Installation of all new building systems, as well as smoke evacuation and stair pressurization systems.
- A specialized pool humidification system.
- Installation of high performance mechanical systems to meet the demands of a high-rise facility and to maintain a comfortable and healthy environment.
- Installation of wireless technology.
- Construction of an architectural canopy to shield the hotel’s main entrance.
- Installation of new windows throughout the building.
- Construction of an ornamental stairway in the lobby, a grand design element.
- Coordination of FF&E for this new hotel.